Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting Closer

Next week begins my student teacher journey. Interestingly, even though I have an M.ed and I have been teaching for more than a decade, I have never student taught. My "student teaching" experience was my first teaching job at IAB in Beijing, China. It really was trial by fire. I spent the first several weeks trying to figure out what lesson plans were and how to write a curriculum (since I didn't have any). It was an awesome time that I would never want to relive.

And here I am getting ready to embark on another journey with the goal of being a master teacher. I know it's going to be a lot of work but in the end it will be worth it.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

From one teacher to another, I know exactly what you mean by "It was an awesome time that I would never want to relive." Teaching language arts for the first time has been like being a first-year teacher again: survival mode. We're glad we did it, but don't want to go back to it!